Lost and Found
It happens every day that people forget something somewhere or lose their stuff. Life sucks, we know. But every now and then it also happens that a good soul finds something with the intention to give it back to its owner. If you found something you think is important enough to return it to the owner, please contact us. But:
- If you have lost something of lower value you will need to find an alternative way to get it back. Every investigation from our side takes some precious time away from our customer service (the girls and boys who help you and solve problems).
- If you lost something of real value, e.g. your brand new mobile phone, your expensive camera with all holiday pictures on it, the chances to get it back are very low. Such things are often picked (up) by fellow passengers and do not surface again.
- If you lost something of a more virtual value (and we mean things that others would not care about, like your kid's favorite teddy bear, personal medication, your passport, etc.) there is a better chance to get it back.
Here is what you should do:
1) Contact the transport operator/hotel/restaurant where you lost your things. Try to locate your valuables.
2) Then contact our customer support in case you could not reach anybody. We will do our best to help you.
3) If you were able to locate your stuff and need to get your items back from a place you have visited you should get in contact with Bagit.
Bagit is a platform specifically focusing on international delivery of items with verified travelers. How it works: you place a Send request at Bagit, fill in the details about the item you need to be delivered, from where and to where it needs to be transported. Bagit will find verified travelers on this route soon and match them with you. You are then free to decide on the price you are willing to pay for that and negotiate it with your traveler. You can then discuss what needs to be done (i.e. "Please go to Hotel A, ask for my toy from reception and deliver it to me") and receive international insurance for sent items as well. While Bagit may not be able to cover all possible routes, it is sure worth checking out as a solid option to help you retrieve forgotten items or personal belongings!